RE: The answer on the Philly pick

At 14:12 13/08/01 -0400, Alexander Wang wrote:
>Pitino gets ridiculed for his comments about players like Bowen and
>DeClercq, but Papile blows him away with his exaggerations. He declared
>Garth Joseph a 15 year player in the league. He used the same language
>with Forte; I hope it's not a bad omen.

Good point, Alex. It was also Papile who said he saw a "young Bill Russell"
in Moiso as an 18-year-old at the Nike Hoop Summit. I'm sure he has no
problems now backing off that comment (although I prefer to still blame
Pitino for drafting Moiso based on one empty-gym workout).

Then you get Leo's "Shaq of the Shaw League" comment about a center who was
third on his own team in rebounding or whatever.

As far as Forte, if we just get one great player out of this draft I'll be
more than happy. If we get two (or three) great players from the draft,
this implies a major roster reshuffle down the road (which is fine too).

I mean you can't keep giving players 25% of the salary cap, before you run
out of slices in the pie. Under that still happy circumstance, Boston would
probably have to unload one of the captains for less than their equivalent
cap number in recompense (or lose to free agency the lesser of Kedric and
the JJ).