Re: Why not Marc Jackson?

on 8/3/01 3:03 PM, Berry, Mark  S at berrym@BATTELLE.ORG wrote:

I know the Celts will use the luxury tax as an excuse (even though they
could have used their mid-level exception and still most likely avoided the
tax). But how about a sign-and-trade?
   If Jackson wants at least the full exception and Golden State can't pay
him that much, what good to him, is a sign and trade? G.S. has to sign him
first and then make the trade. I think he has to wait for a team with the
full exception, or a team under the cap, to sign him.
   Joe is right about us using a part of the exception on Palacio, so I
think that leaves us in a box regarding Jackson.
-JB-

Unchain My Heart!