RE: Why not Marc Jackson?

Hi Joe,

Is it a limited sample? I guess, but is it more limited than Kenyon Martin?
Would you do a three-year deal for $4 mil a year for Martin? Or Mike Miller?
If Marc Jackson hadn't been injured, he would have been rookie of the year.

I think some of the hesitation about him has to do with his background. He
wasn't a first-round draft pick "so he must not be that good." GMs don't
like to admit they were wrong about a player, and reputations die hard. But
he's young, strong, skilled and he has put up numbers for a significant
stretch of the season. He's certainly more proven than Todd MacCullough or
Calvin Booth (or even Nazr Mohammed).

I know the Celts will use the luxury tax as an excuse (even though they
could have used their mid-level exception and still most likely avoided the
tax). But how about a sign-and-trade?

No, let's just wait for 2003 when Tim Duncan comes to his senses and sees
that Boston is where he should have been all along... (not directed at you
Joe; we've been on the same wavelength in our desire for a few short-term
improvements).

Mark