trade thoughts

Great stuff on the list recently.

Clearly, C's management saw little that impressed them by Moiso during the
summer.  That's OK, because, from what I saw in the one game, he seemed
just as lost as ever, something of a boy among men, even among, well, boys.
   McLeod might be stashed on the IL (or legitimately there, what with his
history), or not, but he still helps create the logjam that exists at the
swing positions.  This is not a bad thing.  In addition to positioning for
the future (expiring contract, first-rounder), this gives some useful
leeway at SG/SF; there's lot's of guys to play, injury insurance, etc.
But this may not be as much of a logjam as you might think.

If Walker "plays the point" (I put that in quotes because I still have no
idea how this will work out in practice) they might go with Pierce, JJ, KB,
  (or Forte, McLeod, EWilliams), and then Walker & center, play a zone on D.
   Wonder if they'll use JJ or KB in the post?  I'm betting yes.  What does
this mean for the backup PF minutes?

I think it'd be a mistake to think of Wallah as another swingman.  I think
Obie thinks he's a PF, and maybe he's right, what with the new defensive
rules.  McCarty might get those backup PF minutes, or they might go to one
of the center-by-committee players.  My preference is the latter, but
maybe Wallah can be effective on defense depending on how Harter, et al.
want to use him.

Looks like the Celtics' strategy will be very non-traditional (point power
forward, posting wingmen, centers who shoot the jumper, possible
three-guard-no-pg rotation, what else?), and that might just be the ticket.
   I wonder what new considerations the new rules will force?  This puts
the team in a good position to add talent when contracts will start
expiring, and there might be expendable talent to trade for more pressing
positions.  Wallace & Co. are making good attempts to add talent and
become flexible, seem to be sticking to a plan they have in mind, and are
making what seem to be lopsided (in our favor) trades.  (C'mon, Moiso for
another player and a pick?  Highway robbery!  Unless Larry Brown can
perform a miracle -- maybe, maybe -- this looks like one to put in our
column.)  I hate to bring up Il Duce again, but this seems quite opposite
in many ways to the previous regime.  All the better.

What happens with Kenny? How will Chris Wallace snooker some team into
taking him and Eric Williams for a low first-rounder?  Maybe we'll even
get to see some of that run-and-gun, pressure D, young, athletic, exciting
team we were told we were getting four years ago, and never (except for
brief flashes within games, almost never a complete game) really got to
see.  It's an exciting time.

(The Celtic "Tird",
  Celticus "tirdius")