Re: Why not Marc Jackson?

At 13:55 03/08/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Actually, according to the stories I've read, the sticking point has been
>money. He wants mid-level exception money or slightly more (a la Calvin
>Booth in Seattle, who certainly doesn't have the track record of Jackson).
>Golden State can match anything up to the exception, but isn't sure it wants
>to go that high. If you could get him for that kind of money for three
>years, that seems like a no-brainer.

Hi Mark:

I thought the Celtics already gave part of that money to re-sign Palacio? I
like that Mark Jackson was coached by a true Celtic great, but it seems
risky given such a limited track record to throw guaranteed years and
millions of dollars his way for the first time in his life. I guess you'd
have to know more about him, and I know nothing.