Re: Kwame Brown, Jason Williams considering jump

> How much have you seen of Yao Ming, Joe?  I caught some of a show about him
> on tv and I was totally underwhelmed.  It was not at all the kind of show
> you could make a good evaluation from, just some clips of him playing
> against much smaller players, but I thought he looked skinny and clumsy.
> Listening to the things he had to say, it sounded like he might mave a touch
> of Chinese Lap Dog in him, too.  He had to be made to dunk the ball by his
> coach, for instance.  Has anyone seen enough of him to give a better
> account?

I've seen Yao Ming play at the Sydney Olympics and the centers in that team -
Alonzo Mourning, et al had absolutey NO idea how to play him defensively. He
would go to the top of the key, they wouldn't follow- drain a trey or a big shot
from just inside the arc.

Ming's only problem in that game was foul trouble. That will be his biggest
challenge in learning the NBA game and that happens to A LOT of rookie, early
career players....