Great Celts column

Sptsguy,
Some excellent analysis and writing. I have agree on all points except the
following.

1) I think we bring back Herren as the third point guard next year. However,
there is no way he is a starter. He is weak defensively, not only in
quickness but also strength. He is very right hand dominant on the dribble
and he would have great difficulty getting the ball up the court if it wasn't
for Walker. I guess he can shoot the three so he can work in a pinch or if we
a three point shooter at the end of the game.

2) I disagree on Moiso. How can anyone write off someone who has played 35
minutes? In the time I have seen him, including the summer league, he shown
that he has all the physical potential and talent. The mental aspect is
something I and you don't know about. If he played more, would he show more
motivation or does he have to show more motivation to play more? I am not
going to write off someone who is 20 years old and jump out of gym who has
only played 35 minutes.

3) I used to say we need to have Walker playing the 3 and have Battie and VP
at the 3 and 4. However, with rule changes putting the emphasis on shooting
the jumpers, we can't afford to have Walker at shooting outside with his low
percentage. We would get killed with Pierce as only only guy who can make a
jumper. The new rules will help mask Walker defensive disabilities.
Therefore, we need to leave Walker and Pierce at the 3 and 4 and get a
starting 1, 2 and 5.

If we can only get lucky enough to get a real center in the draft. I think we
could get by with Palacio at point guard and we could use our other draft
picks plus trading Battie to get a quality shooter in some combination. But
here is my hope for next year (X=Draft;Y=trade):

1) Palacio                X2                      Herren
2) Y1 (Battie trade)   X3                      Griffen
3) Pierce                 Moiso                 Griffen
4) Walker                Moiso
5) X1                       VP                      Blount

DJessen33