understatement of the year

Shira Springer's keen sense of the NBA marketplace shines through in this one:
"With the opportunity to opt out of his contract this summer and forfeit
$15 million over the next three years, Williams will not rush any decisions
about his future. However, it's doubtful he could do better than his
current deal on the open market. "

Really?!? You mean, someone who's averaged 6.6 ppg on 36% shooting, 2.5
rpg, and 1.3 apg couldn't do better than $5M/year?

Anyway, last night's game was really frustrating, even if it didn't mean
anything. If you're gonna lose the game experimenting with lineups, at
least lose it playing Moiso and Herren, or Battie at PF with Toine at SF,
not McCarty (32 min) at PF and Williams (46 min) at his own special
position (because he doesn't really have one in the NBA anymore). We know
all we need to know about McCarty and Williams, and we know we're stuck
with them.

Is it me, or was Paul Pierce really subdued/withdrawn/passive, kind of like
the "underwater" Pierce of the late Pitino era? Could it have anything to
do with the comments reported by Vescey? Or am I reading too much into this?

If I'm understanding Rich Pond's responses correctly, he's basically saying
that Wallace is gone (''That decision will be made at the end of the
season.'') , but will draft for us (''Chris has a contract through June 30,
so he'll be here through the draft. ")? Does this make sense to anyone?
Kestas