RE: Training camp

The only thing that will make the Celts exciting this season is the press
if they want to fill some seats. Pitino will be able to go back to his
unproven college style of coaching (in the pros)and yell his brains out.
We'll be in most games till the clock strikes 9 or 10 minutes into the 4th
quarter, then kiss the game good bye.

Dan

At 03:57 PM 9/28/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm not entirely convinced that we are going to be that bad defensively.  I
>mean, it's true, you give up a lot of shots with the press, but in that
>first year we didn't have any kind of shotblocker to play the back of the
>press; we didn't even have an enforcer in the lane -- just two hustling
>bench players, one of whom may well be the weakest big man in the league.
>By adding two athletic shot blockers to the linup (one of whom is also very
>muscular) I think we will be discourage layup drills of the vintage 97-98
>variety.  In addition, I have to think that Randy Brown will be a real
>difference maker as the first man on the press; of all the guys that have
>played that role on Pitino teams, the only one with any defensive ability is
>Chauncey Billups, who got no respect at all from the referees, and who isn't
>as good a defender as Brown in any case.

cut