Re: Political Correctness

When you attend troublesome joints, you get trouble. *Accountability*  And
as far as getting my head handed to me, I consider the sources, especially
those that continue to apologize for other's mistakes.

Dan (not Pelletier)

At 02:06 PM 9/27/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I am usually the last person to get on someone for political correctness,
but while we're handing Dan his head over his comments regarding Paul's own
complicity in this terrible attack, can we refrain from using references to
a "retard attacker"?

>The erroneous association of mental retardation with violence, and its
effect in perpetuating fears that people have of the "retarded" is
something that we can do without.

>As for why Paul was where he shouldn't have been, yeah, he probably could
have done better for himself.  But in no way does he or anyone else who
goes to the wrong place at the wrong time deserve to be so attacked.