Re: Email address for Pierce.

>From: Jim Hill <jahill@leasingservice.com>
>
>>From BSG
>>KAKE TV in Wichita has set up a special e-mail box to which you can send Paul
>>get-well messages. They have contacts with the Celtics and are promising
>>delivery. Here's the address: Pierce@kake.com. Thanks to reader
>>Jason Arndt for
>  >passing that along.

And thanks to you, Jim, for passing that on to us.  I already sent an
email to the address that celtics.com provided.  I'd never sent a
letter or email to any public (or semi-public) figure in my life
before (and I doubt I ever will again).  I'm not sure why I did this
time.  Maybe I just thought it was important that Paul Pierce get a
lot of well-intentioned good wishes for their own sake.  That's not
usually the kind of thing I have a lot of patience for, and I don't
flatter myself that Pierce will read my email, or that he'll even
read any of them.  Maybe I did it to make myself feel better, and so
in a way it was kind of selfish.  But I'm glad I did, anyway.

I sure hope Pierce bounces back for his own sake, but I can't help
wondering about how this might effect his game.  This is the kind of
thing that might be a turning point, either up of down, for a guy's
basketball career.  Pierce seems to have a lot of gumption, though.
Maybe, if they ever convict the guy who did it, Pierce'll call out
the guy's name as he's raining down threes on the opposition?  Now,
that'd be something.

Regards,

Bill