Re: BSG Says Pierce May Be Back Sooner Not Later

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hironaka" <j.hironaka@unesco.org>
>     BTW, am I the only one wandering what Battie was doing coming out of
> there apparently without a scar? It's like "hey Tony, your best friend
over
> there just got stabbed for the ninth, uh, make that the eleventh time...."

Hi Joe,

While I agree with your point generally, I heard on the radio this morning
that the attacker "waited until Pierce was alone" before he attacked.  Tony
and Derek might have gone to powder their noses.  It also says that Pierce
and the suspect had had an "argument over a woman".  I haven't read the
papers yet.  They probably explain a lot more.  Can anyone with some medical
background comment on the plausibility of the BSG rumors?  A seven inch
(deep?) wound that damages, but does not puncture the diaphram?  Isn't the
sternum higher up?  Don't ask me.  I work in a hospital, but in the
Information Systems department.  Which brings me to BSG's sources.  Anyone
from a computer geek to an orderly could be giving him these medical
updates.  Doctors tend to take comfidentiality a little more seriously than
that.  I'm waiting to hear something official before I count him out for any
length of time.  I mean, the original reports said wounds to the "face, neck
and back", not the chest, right?

Jim