BSG Says Pierce May Be Back Sooner Not Later

Pierce stabbed outside of nightclub

Updated 9:15pm

* Initial reports might be incorrect about Paul Pierce's collapsed lung,
although WBZ-TV reported tonight that most of his stab wounds were
superficial except for a 7-inch deep cut to his sternum (which would
account for the "badly-lacerated diaphragm" that I described earlier).
I'm also hearing that Celtics officials are more optimistic about
Pierce's chances for a full recovery in the 2-3 month range. That means
he could potentially return to the team in December or January, which
would be nothing short of miraculous considering he'd probably be dead
if he wasn't wearing a leather jacket (see below).<snip>