Re: Pierce Update

I'm sitting home with too much time on my hands while I'm being treated for a
cancer that may or may not take my life prematurely. For the time being it
has left me unable to walk without assistance. At 47 years of age, I expect
myself to be smarter than a 22 year old so I don't blame Paul for attending a
private party which should have been stocked with friends and acquaintances.
But when did life become so cheap in our society? It seems every time there's
an argument at a party these days that someone is trying to kill someone
else. Have we regressed to a modern day version of the Wild West?
Unfortunately I have a 20 year old daughter who is on a fast track to become
such a casualty and I can no longer help to keep her away from it.

I hope Paul learns from this and ideally some of his teammates will also.
With all that went down, you are very lucky -- Paul -- to be able to continue
your life after some interruption. It's not enough to be innocent. You have
to avoid trouble too. Most dudes will look at someone your size and
rationalize that they need a weapon. Stay away from that risk Paul. We aren't
ready to say good-bye.

George