Re: Kenny Anderson

This is shaping up as the most interesting storyline surrounding the team as
it heads into the season. You get the feeling with Brown and Herren that
Pitino has much more confidence in his options at the point this season.
Let's face it, with Dana, he had no options.

Now, I think we all know Kenny Anderson well enough to know he's not going
to be happy with reduced minutes. So Pitino could have a problem on his
hands.

Someone on another board even mentioned that WEEI reported a rumored Kenny
Anderson to Atlanta trade in exchange for either Lorenzen Wright or Alan
Henderson. You wouldn't think a team would trade its starting point guard
two weeks before the season starts, but if Pitino is that dissatisfied, I
guess you never know. Certainly not the most reliable of sources, but the
Hawks do seem like a likely trade partner. Anderson has a following there
dating back to his Georgia Tech days, and the Hawks are looking for veteran
point guard help because Jason Terry isn't progressing as quickly as they'd
like. I don't think they're looking to add big, long-term contracts, but if
they could get Lorenzen Wright's deal off the books, they might go for it.

The thing is, I get the feeling that Pitino really, genuinely likes Kenny.
They seem to have New York connection and get along awfully well. Clearly
Kenny isn't the point guard Rick wants, but point guards are only slightly
more easy to come by than centers.

And, as much as I dislike Kenny and would approve of almost any trade to get
him out of Boston, I can see the argument that without him, this team is
short a scorer. Granted, you don't want your point guard looking to score,
but this team really only has Walker and Pierce to put points on the board.
Kenny is a capable third option (if only he would look for options 1 and 2
first...). For what it's worth, I think getting rid of Kenny would be a net
positive for the Celts, even if they have to get by with Brown and Herren at
the point.

Anyway, I think this is becoming the story to watch in Celts camp.

Mark