Re: My take of the first two games

    One of the local papers noted in passing that Walker got minutes at small
forward last night. The Pitino veteran McCarty has been in the starting lineup so
far and I think we can view him sort of as a 6-11 230 pound proxy who will have
to step aside for Moiso once the real games start. Walker/Moiso 2000 is a clear
upgrade over Walker/McCarty 1997, provided Walker's rebounding numbers don't
continue their yearly decline (we really need rebounds this year).

    Tim Duncan's quote about Moiso's game was obviously very, very positive news,
although Duncan might not grasp basketball the way our own Way Ray does. :-) In
any case, I'll again throw the question out there for those who watched the game:
was Moiso putting up those numbers against Duncan/Robinson or against Spanki
Walker and Danny Fairy, both of whom I noticed got a lot of minutes?

    One more thing. Pitino said in today's paper that Pierce's position on the
court would depend not on him but on who else wins the playing time. He
specifically said that if Eric Williams plays well, then Pierce will be a guard.
If Chris Carr plays well, then Pierce will play more forward. Sadly, no mention
at all of Adrian Griffin, our smartest Celtics player in years and the most
well-rounded and productive swingman in the East over the first two months of
last year. This nagging foot injury, more serious than previously reported, seems
to have turned him into a very ordinary basketball player with below average
speed or mobility. That would really be a big loss to this year's team (and team
chemistry) compared with last year.

----