Re: With Fifi I and II, How Can The Celtics Lose...

At 11:31 AM 10/9/00 -0400, Way Of The Ray wrote:
>17 nights/games out of 82 - an insignificant amount,
>especially when you add in the post-1:00 A.M hotel
>arrivals.I think that's was May's point.  If Pitino was serious
>about a curfew, he would have placed it on all road games, not just
>back-to-backs.

I don't want to turn this into an ongoing discussion because it's clearly
not worthwhile. Let me just say that this is similar to arguing that you
shouldn't own a winter coat because it will only be really cold for 2
months a year. 17 games out of 82 is surely significant, but a more
important number is something like 1-16 out of those 17 games, if last
year's form holds true.

>Come on - if for most of those 17 games, they're going to be
>trudging into the hotels after 1:00, what's the sense of having a curfew
>set at 1:00?

Because they can still go out after arriving at 1:00 A.M.

>Since there is a curfew at 1:00 are they actually allowed
>to leave the plane and go to the hotels?

Give me a break. This is an "argument" worthy of a fourth grader.

I just have a hard time believing that so much criticism could be directed
at a curfew policy. It's obviously directed at back-to-back road games
where the Celtics were terrible. According to the articles, it came up in a
team discussion that people were staying out late, so any effort that helps
the team is fine in my book.

>> It's way too early to be writing
>> off Moiso.
>
>No, it isn't. His Celtics career is done.
>He won't contribute much this season, and
>new management/coaching isn't going to
>want to carry over Pitino's pet projects.
>That is, if Moiso lasts the season. Since
>Pitino quickly sours on players,
>a trade of Moiso can't be ruled out.
>You'll be whistling a different tune
>after Pitino deals him. Mark my words.

Oh, just like the Ernest Brown prediction, right? It's fine with me that
you've predicted Moiso's impending doom. It's premature in my opinion but
if you're right I'll give you credit. I think we've heard it enough times
though. How about we wait until we see him after a few preseason games when
there's something new to say?

Alex