Re: With Fifi I and II, How Can The Celtics Lose...

The gratutious garbage are your comments.

> > >The Good News:  Knowing that his team is awful
> > on the road
> > >and with a tendency to party the night before
> > games, Pitino
> > >has instituted a 1:00 A.M.  curfew for
> > back-to-back games.
> > >
> > >The Bad News: Like most of Il Duce's moves,
> > this one has
> > >very little substance to it. As Peter May
> > points out in the
> > >Boston Globe, only 17 nights this season meet
> > the curfew
> > >criteria, and in most cases, the Celtics won't
> > be in their
> > >hotel rooms by 1:00 A.M. any ways.
> >
> > Well, you can usually count on Peter May to
> > misrepresent the facts in order
> > to make his targets look bad. What does the
> > "only 17 nights" argument have
> > to do with it? Those 17 games were the ones
> > that we lost almost all of last
> > year.

17 nights/games out of 82 - an insignificant amount,
especially when you add in the post-1:00 A.M hotel
arrivals.I think that's was May's point.  If Pitino was serious
about a curfew, he would have placed it on all road games, not just
back-to-backs.

> And what is May saying, that if they
> > aren't going to back by 1:00
> > A.M. anyway, that they should just skip the
> > idea of a curfew? "Oh, hey,
> > we're not going to make it in until 1:15
> > anyway, so let's skip the curfew
> > and let them stay out until 4"? May's argument
> > makes no sense... as usual.

Come on - if for most of those 17 games, they're going to be
trudging into the hotels after 1:00, what's the sense of having a curfew

set at 1:00?  Since there is a curfew at 1:00 are they actually allowed
leave the plane and go to the hotels?

> > Can't believe that someone's quoting this
> > argument, it was bad enough the
> > first time.

May points out the flaws in Pitino's initiative, and you attack May.
Attack Pitino, he deserves it more than May.
Pitino's dictum is symbolic not substantive -
The C's need substance.

> > >The Bad News: The C's wasted the eleventh pick
> > on Jerome
> > >Moiso, who, lacks direction, desire, fire, and
> > intensity.  It doesn't
> > >shock me one bit, that Pitino has basically
> > written him off for this
> > >season.
> > >
> > >And you might as well write off Moiso's entire
> > Celtics career, because
> > >with Pitino likely gone after this season, the
> > new GM and
> > >Coach aren't going to be too amiable to taking
> > on any of Pitino's
> > >projects.  Especially one most suited for a
> > Pitino system, that
> > >will most likely be junked under new
> > management.
> > >
> > >And toss in the fact that Alexander and
> > Claxton -- two players
> > >that most definitely filled Celtics needs more
> > than Moiso -- are
> > >wowing them respectively in Dallas and Philly.
> >  Then you
> > >understand what a colossal blunder Moiso was.
> >
> > Am I the only one who's tired of this? Players
> > aren't drafted by their
> > expected production over their first summer
> > league and training camp, and
> > they shouldn't be judged that way either. What
> > is important is their
> > contribution over a complete NBA career.

Wow, no kidding.

> It's
> > way too early to be writing
> > off Moiso.

No, it isn't. His Celtics career is done.
He won't contribute much this season, and
new management/coaching isn't going to
want to carry over Pitino's pet projects.
That is, if Moiso lasts the season. Since
Pitino quickly sours on players,
a trade of Moiso can't be ruled out.
You'll be whistling a different tune
after Pitino deals him. Mark my words.

> I'm sure that the people who were
> > bashing Pitino for coveting
> > Nowitzki are distancing themselves from their
> > original opinion now that
> > they've turned out to be completely wrong.
> > Shows the danger of judging
> > based on a single season. This evaluation based
> > on summer leagues and
> > training camps is that much more ridiculous.
> >
> > Alex
> >

> I liked Nowitzki and don't really see the comparison, since Dirk

> was and is a much better player.  He had a special aura about him;

Moiso has a foetid aura of swamp gas and suffocation, of failure
right from the start. Sure, in three years, he might be a good
player, but there were much better alternatives available,
who would have helped right away and provided a much
greater career impact than Moiso.  Pitino blew this draft.
Ray