Pitino's Biggest Mistake

<<When Rick Pitino finally departs the premises and leaves
the Celtics in hopefully much better hands, sometime
between now and shortly after the season's end,
what will be considered his biggest mistake?>>

Gotta go with Mr. Wickerham and say that Pitino has been a better GM than
coach.  It's pretty unfair to apply the 20-20 hindsight and say that he
should've picked McGrady and -- I'm not even sure who -- instead of
Billups and Mercer.  Can't say that letting Fox and Wesley go has made
that huge a difference.  Hated the Anderson trade, but what's Chauncey
done?  DESPISED the Fortson trade, but can't argue with Stith, Herren and
what may be a half decent pick for a guy who can't stay healthy.

No, I think Pitino's greatest failings have been on the court.  I agree
with Joe Hironaka's post from a few days ago.  It's the system.  The press
is a tool, not a way of life.  Players are individuals, not pawns --
utilize their specific strengths and try to compensate for their
weaknesses.  Basketball just isn't that complicated a game.

As proud UTMA custodian for two little Celtics shareholders, I hereby
nominate Larry Bird for President and Director of Basketball Operations
and Rick Carlisle as Head Coach.  Anyone care to second?