Re: Hear the Pin Drop

At 07:10 AM 11/19/00 -0500, Dan Forant wrote:
>It's so quiet. You could hear a pin drop. We lost. The world will come to
>an end. This is a huge setback, for those who thought we were starting to
>act like an NBA team. I myself thought maybe, just maybe. But no way, not
>now, this has to be demoralizing and humiliating to the team that has
>proved it cannot win on the road.

Yup. I was at a loss for words and I could not believe my eyes at the
debacle I witnessed. I had the Celtics on one TV and the Bruins on another.
Two of the most humiliating games by Boston teams I have ever seen and both
games live at the same time to boot!! I can't remember a worse 2 Boston
team performance though I do remember some bad ones.This IMO was the
'Mother' of all train wrecks but that is unfair to train wrecks!

>In the early going from what I heard on the radio we got killed pressing. I
>only caught the 1st half.

At one point quite early on Tommy mentioned 18 transition points by the
Hawks to zero by the Celts and that most had occurred off of the
vaunted(His word) Celtic press! This Wizards team played nothing like the
one we faced on Wednesday last. Jahidi White was possessed by the spirits
of great NBA centers past and the team shot great. Here are the percentages:
Celtics: FG-.378, FT-.727.
Wizards: FG-.545, FT-.870.
I am puzzled by the atrocious free throw shooting by the home boys and must
be corrected. Well Philly is up next and things better change drastically
or the Celts will be humiliated again but by a much better team if that is
any consolation. Here I go back into my hole to bathe in uncertainty and
humiliation for another day! Later.Mike