Re: Common sense

I think the biggest problem this list has is the team. So far this season
it's the same old team that we've watched for the past...how long has it
been now? I'd find these close losses encouraging if I hadn't seen all of
this before....over and over and over again. We can analyze and strategize
all we want and wonder why Pitino doesn't see things the same way, but you
know what...I think what we have is simply a team full of less than
mediocre talent. And the worse thing is that Walker, Pierce and Pitino know
it. If only Adrian could hit an open shot?! Well, there's a guy you don't
have to work hard defending while he's on the court. There are 10 others
just like him. I've heard a lot about the "last five minutes of an NBA
game" theory, but I think the first 43 minutes sets the tone, physically
and psychologically, for the last five. Let me suggest that the Celtics are
a "night off" team for opposing players. While Walker and Pierce have to
work their asses off to keep their team close because they're playing with
a bunch of one-dimensional or less stiffs, there are a bunch of opposing
players giving half an effort, turning it off and on at will...and Walker,
Pierce and Pitino know it. The end of the game comes and it's suddenly a
five on two game and they lose again. This theory about nobody wanting to
play the Celtics because of their style and because these are tough games?
A pile of crap. Walker and Pierce have to work 48 minutes to get tough
shots because their teammates are horrible, and at this point they know
it's going to end badly because they know they've been "allowed" to hang
around for 43 minutes.

I think it's just talent and the lack of it. And I don't mean a lack of
talent here and there. I mean some serious CBA level talent up and down the
lineup, up and down the bench.

Pitino's put together a miserable supporting cast.

Paul M.