What's OK & what's not on this list

Here's a modified copy of a message sent to the list back in March of this
year.  It's sad to see how little has changed other than the evictions of
Mr. Odregard, "Mr. Hudson", and Mr. Bird.

There's been a lot of discussion over what is or is not OK on this list.
There also seems to be some confusion as to whether or not this is a public
forum.  Let me try to clarify.

First, to be heavy-handed about it, this list is owned by me.  I own the
server, I pay for the bandwidth, I deal with all of the bs when things
break, etc...  For this, I receive the whopping sum of $0.00.  Note, this is
not a request for financial assistance.

I liken this list to inviting you to a party in my home.  You are my guest,
there is no birthright which gains you admission.  As long as you behave
like a good guest, I don't care much what you do as long as you're having a
good time.  However, just because I am out of the room or have made a run to
the store for more ice and snacks, you do not have the right to vomit on my
carpet, insult my family, or otherwise trash the place.

My home is not a democracy, it's my home.  When I find you vomiting on my
carpet, I don't have to take a vote to see if everyone agrees that you
leave or subject myself to discussions of why you got sick.  When I notice
that you've stopped behaving like a good guest, you leave.  That's it.

To stay with the party analogy, if you cannot resolve your differences
respectfully, take it outside.  If you cannot find your way outside, I
will be happy to direct you... mind you, you may find the door locked to you
afterward.

All of the squabbling and petty bs that has populated the list of late has
driven some of our quality posters away.  Long time list members have noted
and miss the departure of Bill Cooper who provided us with excellent game
summaries for each and every game.  Other prominent and thoughtful
contributors have left as well.  In it's heyday, this list boasted close to
1000 subscribers.  In the past year, that number has fallen below 400.

Quite frankly, continuing to run this list is becoming more trouble than
it's worth.  Heck, the teeny boppers on The Who mailing list and the younger
folk who populate the VW Jetta list (two other lists maintained here at
igtc.com) are much better behaved than some of the "adults" here.

Regards,

--
Paul M. Moriarty