Re: Walker isn't the man and he does slack off...

Some of your argument seems to have merit.  but as far as Walker not hitting his free throws, this year has'nt been the case.  He is shooting 18-20 of free throws.  Thats at an amazing .900.  Obviously he has practiced this much during the off season.  Let's hope he continues.  By comparison, Pierce, who I think is a much better all around player and the future of the franchise, is shooting 33-48 from the charity stripe at .688.  Granted he has a lot more FT's but he needs to make at least 75% of them.

Malline@aol.com wrote:

Hmmm...

Its interesting this list has all these Walker supporters nowadays.
Walker never mails it in?
Wow..I can't believe I read that.

Well frankly I think Pierce is better and will continue to be better.
Pierce isnt as multi talented but is a more efficent player.

Walker is a talent, and does play hard most of the time.
Lack of effort isnt really his problem I don't think:

But umm.. He has been known to be lacking in effort on the court from time to
time.
He might not mail it in for a whole game but sometimes he wont hussle to get
back on defense...especially in a fast break situation. In fact he is kind of
famous
for this as far as the oppostion is concerned.

Anyway I am not a huge Walker fan:
Walker though simply isnt that good an NBA player despite his talent.
Here is why:

He shoots alot high difficult shots...and does manage to make a few of them.
He also shoots alot of easy shots...and manages to make a few of them.

That's his greatest problem. He has the ability to hit very hard shots..but
unfortunately he misses alot of them and even worse misses things like
easy layups, dunks, easy jumpers on a regular basis.

So yes when he is "ON" and hitting those easy shots he is great.
Unfortunately he doesnt seem to be on much.

In addition:

He is a poor free throw shooter
Free throws are particularly exciting but they are part of the game, and
Walker
can't hit them. This isn't surprising. I think free throws are too easy for
Walker
to practice or something.

He can make the great pass..but is prone to the easy turnover.

He can make a great steal, but still often gets beaten in the paint.

Walker is a frustrating player to have on your team.
He is inefficent like no player I have ever seen. He is like the Anti-McHale
power
forward. Hussle or not..the guy just wont get your team alot of wins.

Shooting alot and missing alot leads to alot of losses.
Its simple as that. The guy needs to swallow he his ego and practice the
little
stuff till it becomes automatic. I don' t think he will do that so, Pitino is
going
to have to trade him sooner or later.

Pete