Re: Herron and hustling

This isn't Herrens problem.  He is looking to create, not score.  He is
looking to get others in the flow.

Personally I want him to go full speed when he is on the floor.  I don't
know the context of Andersons statement to Herren, but I don't know what
Herren should save himself for.  He is barely an NBA player right now.

It is to early too crown him as savior as many of us did when Anderson was
acquired. I mean I really like what I have seen so far, it looks like a
great fit for him and the team. And besides we need *someone* on the floor
moving hard.

Herren hit Battie with a pass during a penetration in the preseason that
Battie wasn't expecting and I think that kind of passing will make the
others more aware and make them move more.  I remember Bird (NOT to compare
the two) hitting someone in the face with a pass at the beginning of the
season one time and his quote was something like "next time he will be
paying attention".  If Battie/Moiso/Blount is moving and paying attention
there should be some easy hoops from the weakside for them.

That said, I think it will also open up Walkers passing when everyone
continues to move.  For Walker to make the next step he needs to draw the
double team and be able to pass out of it to an open shooter.  That means
someone has to be looking to be in the passing lane.  I think that shooter
needs to be Pierce or if close to the hoop the center.

There was a guy (Paxton?) on the MJ Bulls that made a living out of always
moving into an outside passing lane whenever MJ went to the hoop.  MJ could
almost pass out of a double team to this guy without looking and the guy
would get an open Jump shot.  It caused the defense to be careful about
collapsing on the penetration, which just gave MJ even more room to move.

Pierce/Carr/Stith/Griffin could all benefit from an open look.

Detroit played well last night.  Let's hope our guys are ready for them
tonight.

<Jim

Jamey stated: