Re: Herron and hustling

----- Original Message ----- From: Jim Hill <jahill@leasingservice.com>

> I don't  know the context of Andersons statement to Herren, but I don't
know
> what Herren should save himself for.  He is barely an NBA player right
now.

As I remember, the quote was that he needed to play more under control, not
so much that he needed to save himself.  Regardless, I don't remember
thinking that Herren was out of control when I saw him.  Also, I agree with
those who say that Kenny needs to go harder when he plays, now that he's not
the only point guard in town.

> It is to early too crown him as savior as many of us did when Anderson was
> acquired. I mean I really like what I have seen so far, it looks like a
> great fit for him and the team.

It sure is.  I can understand that many think unloading Kenny would be
addition by subtraction, but there is no guarantee we have the answer in
Herren and Brown.  Unless it was a Anderson for Brandon type deal, it would
be a huge gamble on Herren.  The thing is, it might just be better to get by
with lower paid points than to have huge money invested in a flawed one.
And, by the way, Brandon's contract is enormous and, if you're going to
trade for him, you'd better be sure that he's the point guard you want for
the next several years.

Jim