Season's over, what next?

My 2 cents worth:

(1)to tank now or to go for Ws?
how much do we gain in draft position even if we lose all the rest of
the games? moving 14th to 11th? I think we should still play just as
hard to get Ws. For the players, it would be nicer to have a positive
mindset when going into vacation/summe/training, instead of a losing
mentality.

hey, drafting 14th ain't that bad, Pitino and co. just got to work
hard and get their homework done. Finley, T hardaway, Shawn Kemp were
non-top 10 picks.

(2)Pitino
I don't think Pitino would walk away anytime now, not only beos of the
size of his contract left but also It would be further add to the
notion that he can't coach at the nba level.
I'd (reluctantly) stay with Pitino 1 more season.
I want to see signs that the players want to play for Pitino.
If I don't see the players playing hard (like the last 2 weeks) and
together from season's beginning, or if we don't have a winning
percentage by the all-star break, Pitino's not getting it done and
should go.

(3)Off season/summer
This is a critical summer and it would tell us a lot. Would the
players come in shape? How is Fort going to respond to the Pitino
treatments (little minutes, no money, get yanked after every foul)?
Now that he's got his contract, would Battie come in on time? Minor,
can you still play? Will AW come in Karl Malone or Shawn Kemp shape?
Will AW still act like the leader he's been the last few weeks? Is
Kris Klack/Wayne Turner/Ben Pepper ready?

(4) Antione Walker in the offseason
I think what AW chose to do in the summer will determine his fate with
the Cs.  Or if he refuses those "voluntary" workouts Pitino schedules
in Waltham (by now he should know being a pro means year round
dedication to the team and basketball). If AW is the slouch during
summer that he is, I hope Pitino trades him since he's value is on the
high side. I just don't see him as Celtic material if he continues to
come in out of shape. It will say alot about his attitude.

If AW for the last 2 weeks is for real, I would keep him.
otherwise, I would trade him.

(5)Kenny Anderson
I would want to move KA as his value is on the high side. I just don't
see him as the "veteran presence" that Pitino has been clamouring for.
Also I don't think we would be contending for a championship during
KA's contract tenure. KA would be useful for teams trying to get to
the next level from playoffs to contending.
I think it is the right time this summer or before the next trading
dateline to get some value for KA,

(6)Fortson
If we don't sign Fort, we still need to get a rebounder, isn't it? Why
can't V or Battie board 9rpg? must be something wrong with Pitino's
schemes, isn't it? Damn, Scott Pollard even could do better than Bat.

kevin/singapore