players

I believe that Pitino looks at Battie and wants to see P. J. Brown.
It could be that patience will pay off there, but that's looking
around a corner that I can't do.  With Williams, I think we have a
good bench player.  His all around game has improved greatly; his shot
is much better; he gets to the line and he tries real hard.  I don't
know if we should worry about him since he's rather expensive for
anyone to take in a trade.  Chaney is good defensively but Griffin is,
too, and gives us more all around.  Ergo, Chaney is expendable.
Fortson?  Who knows?  It's up to what we could get or whether his
attitude is a problem or his agent wants too much.

We should play hard and take the draft position we get.  Right now
we're at #10; slipping to #12 wouldn't hurt that bad.  We'll get a D.
Mason or Cota level player at that point.

I, too, think the summer is crucial for A.W.  If he's unwilling to be
the team leader then he should be dealt.  He's like a drunken lover
(and I must say I'm getting this entirely from literature) who can't
be trusted for very long.  Or, is he ready to "become."

Cheers,  Gene