Re: playoff run

Joe, a lot of what you say is right and I hope your optimism carries over to
the players. But I'm afraid the two tough losses might just send us on a
season-ending spiral. Last night, especially, being at home and the way it
ended, may be a back-breaker. All of a sudden if we lose in Philly it's a
three-game losing streak heading into arguably the two most important games
of the season.

I don't think it's realistic to expect Toine to always play like he was for
that wonderful two-week stretch. He's played like a mere mortal the last two
games (if these are his "bad" games, he's going to be a hell of a player)
and we've lost. He can't carry us forever.

I love your optimism, Joe, but my pessimistic side tells me last night may
have been the dagger that pierces our heart. I hope I'm wrong. I hope we go
3-0 on the trip (we almost have to) and make the home stretch mean
something. But I'm afraid we'll go the other way.

One more thing: Last night was another glaring example of our need to get
bigger and more athletic in the frontcourt. I hate to beat a dead horse, but
we have to get some legit size and shotblocking out of our PF/C spots. If
there ever was an example of why Fortson isn't the answer, last night
provided it. He couldn't match up with anyone on that front line. This will
be the last time I mention it until the offseason (I think).

Mark