Evaluation:

This is premature since "what the men in green are made of" will be
seen in the next three weeks more than any time in their short team
existence.  And it comes from one who sees too few games to know.

But, still:  Walker:  the Celtics rise and fall with him.  He has
shown what Pitino has called "top 5" ability recently.
Pierce:  a better basketball player, if not the stackpole of the
team.  He must also be kept.  VP:  young, rough, improving and a
keeper.  More than any other Celtic, he will improve by playing.
Those are the keepers.

Kenny:  a good point guard.  We need a better defender and someone to
run the offense better than him, but it's more likely we will find a
back-up to help there.  Kenny should be our second, designated jump
shooter when AW or Pots pass out to the perimeter.  Hard to figure how
a trade would bring us a better point.

Chaney/Griffin:  I think Griffin has more to give us.  Can he return
to his early season form?  I think so, but not until October.  That
makes Chaney a deep bencher.

Williams:  my personal favorite, who shows a lot better all around
abilities as he progresses:  court sense, defense, hustle, outside
shot.  We probably can't trade him and that's ok.  He is big enough to
provide a variety of plusses from the bench.

Barros:  deep bench

Battie:  we can only hope he improves since he is a decent, big,
bench player; too much of the time that's like saying he has a nice
personality

Needs:  point guard first, then a big man.  We're not far and
patience with this team is the key.  But with a 10-13 draft pick we
could fill a need or pick an excellent athlete and be one step closer.
 Think of what a better back-up point would mean for this team.  Now,
go out and find us one.

Gene  (nowhere in this personal assessment does it mention the need
for a different coach)