Re: Playoff Run

Dan Forant wrote:

> The Playoff run is a longshot at best, we have to climb over 2 teams and
> are behind each 2 games in the lost column. Mikwaukee and Orlando. Not to
> mention New Jersey in the hunt also.

I think virtually everyone counted on the Celts losing the last two games.
The fact that both games turned out to be very competitive is reason for
optimism, not pessimism.

Give the T-poodles some credit. They are 15 games over .500 and rising. They
own the fourth best road record in the NBA. If they were in the East, they'd
be a half game behind Miami and a serious threat to go to the Finals.

The key is to win two games out of the next three (preferably wins against
Milwaukee and Orlando). If we accomplish that, we are in the drivers seat,
with the easiest schedule the rest of the way.

The next three games would have been critical regardless of whether we won or
lost against Phoenix and Minnie. Forget about the last two games. The Celtics
need to go into these head-to-head conference showdowns with pride and in the
right (positive) frame of mind. We are good enough to whup Milwaukee and
Orlando and that's what we should plan on doing.

Joe

****