RE: Criticism

Cecil it is becoming more clear to me each day on this list, that there are those that are patient and those that aren't, and frequently our paths cross, but more and more "Celtics" fans don't give a rats ass about the tradition that this franchise is built on.

You argue for tradition and love  (or hate) RP or against it and hate  (or love) him (only Celtics coaches to win titles were players who won titles or Red).  I at this point would like to see him go, and move on, as is often the case in sport the coach becomes the fall guy and by some miracle new blood allows for subtle but effective changes to have a huge impact on the court.

It is amazing to me that after 53 years of Celtics ball and 16 titles that us old-timers who give a damn about tradition and aren't interested in throwing the baby out with the bath water are now somehow to be loathed.  Sure in my case it is the messenger more often than the message (which allows for Kevin to come out of the blue, never having traded a single message or topic with me and somehow assume to understand my motives and criticize my loyalty to the team, when in reality it a near given to us old timers that good folks like Dan, Kevin and those that would advicate signing Rodman or JR, couldn't possibly be real Celts fan, when in reality they likely are, we just wouldn't trade beers with them).

Benz facilitated a new list, which of all people Cecil and I jumped on first;  not to run like Dan or McMasterbate to their moms because they can dish it out but can't take it, I advocate we have a faction of traditionalists go to the other list and post meaningful stuff there first, monitoring this bunch of hooligans, for whatever, but then and only then will our old time religion have a place without being pounded.  Of course many of you would like nothing better than to see me of all people leave, for Greener pastures, but remember I will stay around to keep my BS meter in fine working order.

I will invite those who might consider it reasonable to let me know, and for those who are concerned for freedom of speech, hell come along for the ride, but remember though for all who love the prose and reports of Gene and Bill, they are part of the good old boys club, and are probably as disgusted by Dan et al, as Cecil and I.

I will speak to you directly and hope that Benz has kept the wheels greased.

And for those who couldn't imagine where to head, if you wanted Rodman or JR then stay put.  The Greener grass is where to plant your ass.  Those not following probably also wanted cheerleaders, which we all know Dan wanted and still wants desperately so he can have one more thing to complain about.

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life.  Instead of blaming others for all your faults, take responsibility and do something to change what you have control of. You either lead, follow or get the hell out of the way, and unless you are the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Good night folks,
Greg