Re: Criticism

>I don't care how successful he's been everywhere - he never coached a
>young >team in the NBA, just an established team.

It was a long time ago and I was travelling around the country in an old
Toyota with two dogs two children and a future ex, (my fault...let's move
on) but weren't the Knicks a young team, with a young starting center and a
young starting point guard, when Ricky took over? Yes? No?

Paul M.

He actually said a week or two ago he'd never be happy behind the scenes -
he has to coach.  He said being the President just meant there was nobody
above him to second guess him.  But in getting the title of President he
took it away from Red, who was not too happy about it - and why should he
be?  He made the Celtics what they became - the most storied franchise in
the history of the NBA, bar none!  So nobody would be above Pitino, he had
to have that title.  That by itself would be enough for me, but there's
much, much more - his bad deals, long, costly contracts he can't blame on
anyone else - the promises he should never have made - the list goes on.
As for the press - he didn't invent it, other teams use it, too.  It's part
of basketball, not Pitino ball.  And last but not!