Re: Phoenix game

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Ozersky, Joshua A wrote:

> I thought we could have won this, and I don't
> buy the explanation that the loss came as a
> result of selfish play by Antoine or anybody
> else.  Yeah, Antoine could have dished off the
> ball more.  Yeah, the reserves could have made
> their shots in the first half.

Antoine had at least three three-on-two fast breaks and elected to take
it himself each time.  He came up empty on all three.  The first time I
winced, the second time I grumbled, and by the third time things were
being hurled around the room.  Kenny, Paul, and Antoine all fall into the
"let me do my thing" schtick and the whole team suffers for it.

  But how can you give
> up 110 points and expect to win a game?

By scoring 111 or more. ;)

  We
> scored 106.  Are we supposed to believe that if
> we had passed better we could have scored 120?

Why not?

Dan