Re: Playoff race

At 10:40 AM 3/21/00 +0100, you wrote:
>p.p.s. Are there any informed viewer comments out there concerning Danny
>Fortson's 16 points and 15 rebounds (7 offensive) in 21 minutes?

I don't know if my comments are informed :), but there was nothing unusual
about Fortson's play last night. He was his typical hustlin', bruisin',
dumb-fouling self. He appeared to have more energy than the others (perhaps
because he'd played less golf than his teammates), and was getting the job
done on the glass, so Pitino gave him some minutes, which in turn led to
his impressive numbers.

Like everyone else, he was having trouble getting his shot off against the
6-9, 400lb shotblocking phenom Oliver Miller, a.k.a. "The REALLY Big O" (6
blocks in 21 minutes). I dread to think what TRBO would do to the Celtics
if he were at least in "Antoine's preseason shape". A triple-double the
hard way, at least? He has the same body type as Fortson, if Danny grew 2
inches, had never lifted weights, and went on a fried-chicken-ad-libitum
diet - inclination for obesity, no neck, extremely long arms, and deceptive
reach. Miller blocks an amazing number of shots given his height and
inability to get off the ground. Likewise, Fortson just snatches rebounds
that he seems to have no business of getting as the shortest and most
earth-bound of several guys vying for the rebound - even when he doesn't
have the most advantageous position. Their feats underscore the fact that
height is inferior to reach as a measure of "vertical giftedness" for
basketball.