Re: Playoff race

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves talking about 7th seeds. For that
matter, I don't have a first round preference between Indiana and Miami. IMO,
Miami is a much better defensive team and more intimidating, but we don't
particularly fear them which is good. They are also consistent playoff chokers.
Indiana is another team we match up with (we tend to shoot a high FG% against
them), but they execute plays much better and more consistently than we do down
the stretch.

The bottom line is that four teams are competing for just one measly final spot
in the playoffs, and all four are more or less tied in the loss column
(Milwaukee, Orlando, Boston and New Jersey). Any of these teams could run off 7
wins in 8 games. All these teams have had one or more winning stretches this
season comparable to our recent run.

So it's still a day by day, game by game situation. The Celts have played great
this month and they are playing with a full expectation to win, which is really
nice compared to the pansy "watch about for Chicago" stuff earlier this season.

Joe

p.s. Not that I have anything against Irish whiskey (love it) or claim to be more
politically correct than whomever wrote that line (I'm obviously not), but I
didn't think the comment that Tom Murphy (who is Irish by blood) should lay off
the Jameson's was particularly funny. I'm sure it was meant in jest.

p.p.s. Are there any informed viewer comments out there concerning Danny
Fortson's 16 points and 15 rebounds (7 offensive) in 21 minutes? I didn't see the
game. Fort also had his usual three foul allotment, which probably prevented him
from getting enough minutes to shoot for a 20-20 game.

****