The missing link

I think Pitino will stay one more year. It is too early to give up yet,
regardless how hot it may be. However, he will trade Walker this summer as he
won't go into next year without a change in ammo. He desperately needs a top
line power forward. I think he has Brian Grant, a free agent, in his sights.
However, he may just want to stay in Portland where he has chance for a ring.
He may getting tired of backup minutes, however. We might have to root for
the Blazers to fall early in the playoffs so they will have to look for some
Walker type help...Dale Davis is probably no. 2 on the list. With Miller,
Jackson, Rose, Smits and Bird as free agents, you think they wouldn't want to
keep Davis around also as they retool. Davis may not want to come here,
though. We have heard of Pitino being interested in both Grant and Davis in
the past...The Shariff thing is interesting but doesn't fit within the
scheme. Shariff is a bonafide small forward but we would still have our
existing problems. We would get value for value in a trade however. I doubt
if Walker would want to go to Vancouver....

DJessen33