Re: Sanity

----- Original Message -----
From: Kestas <Kestutis.Kveraga@Dartmouth.EDU>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2000 10:53 PM
Subject: Re: Sanity

> At 19:30 3/5/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >
> >Which may also be attributed to the fact that the team was allowed to
stay
> .....and so on.
>
> Cecil,
> I don't think it's worth continuing this debate, because you're grasping
at
> straws trying to make your untenable point that Jackson just lucked into 6
> NBA Championships, and had nothing to do with the success of the Bulls and
> now the Lakers.

You are so full of yourself.  You made points which I challenged.  That's
all.  I neve said Jackson, or Riley were NOT good coaches.  I merely opposed
your assertion that a former coach/Celtic would be in a better position to
coach this team other than Pitino.  I made valid points without pulling
quotes out of the paper or NBA.com.  The fact of the matter is that the
Bulls, for the most part, WERE allowed to stay together and mature as a
team.  There was some tinkering but the nucleus co-existed.  Jackson had a
lot to do with it as coach and so did their goofball owner who shelled out
big bucks in order to maintain the unit.  However, a man you mentioned,
Horace Grant, left them and didn't have the most kind things to say about
Jackson.  I didn't see those quotes though.

> >So what were your observations of today's losing coach?
>
> He did fine, as did Pitino. The Celtics *should* beat this team,
especially
> with Orlando's losing their leading scorer. There's really no way that the
> Magic should have a better record than the Celtics given their roster, but
> they do. I just wish the Celtics would play this hard every game.

I thought Darrell Armstrong was their leading scorer?  The Celtics play hard
most of the time.  They do NOT play intelligently all of the time though.
Same as the old Bulls.  All good teams need some time to mesh, which seems
to be a point that you either don't like or refuse to accept.

> And what were your observations of today's winning coach in the LA-Miami
> game? Oh, never mind, I think I know the answer to that one...

Don't know as I didn't see the game.  I was running a baseball practice.
This is a big year for us.  My nucleus is together for their 3rd year.  I
have big expectations.  But since you have such a haughty opinion of
yourself, what do you think my answer to that one would be?

Oh that's right, you're not continuing this "debate" as you call it, because
I'm grasping at straws, according to you.  There's no chance that you could
be wrong is there?  I could merely be treating you like you treated Alex.
Must be nice.

Cecil