Re: Mitch Lawerence on Celtics and Pitino ( kind of long)

>             Beantown Blues

>             By MITCH LAWRENCE
>             NY Daily News Sports Writer

>             In the lottery, the Celtics finished
>             with the Nos. 3 and 6 picks, hardly where superstars are found.

Er, what?  Like Larry Bird at number 6 in 1978?  Or Michael Jordan at
number 3 in 1984?  Kevin McHale at number 3 in 1980?  I mean, you can go
on and on.

That's not to say that a player of that caliber was available in the 1997
draft at those positions - there wasn't.  But sportswriters sure use
strange logic to support their points sometimes...

Dan