Negative cycles: was Lady and the Tramp

Alex:

More telling, and the thing that started my comments on this subject is
that when the Celtics win, there are few, if any, positive comments from
the Pitino bashers.  They don't compliment the players, management,
coaching, anything.  But, when the losses come, there is at least one
comment bashing Pitino.

I will say, that Dorine has not been one to do this.  Obviously, she has
reached the boiling point for some reason.  I still read her comments with
the knowledge and insight that they are not just fired off from the hip to
say something negative.

I simply became aware of the fact that this pattern seemed to be
developing and the negative cycle concerned me.  I do think that Pitino
can coach this team if the right talent can be assembled.  I am not
convinced, as Dan pointed out, that he can assemble the talent.  I do not
worship at the throne of Pitino.  But, I wish that when we do win, even if
it is ugly, the same intensity would show through on positive things to be
said.  Bashing Pitino is just too easy and has become popular.

--

Bentz Kirby
bocelts@usit.net