Re: Lady and the Tramp

--- You wrote:
>I believe that it is an insulting characterization to say "if [blank]
>spit on you and told you it was raining, you'd believe him."

So it is to imply that people who criticize Pitino are insane. Despite the fact that this was directed at me, among other people, I did not obsess over it, understanding that Starke did not mean it literally. But you just won't let it go, even though you weren' t even among those characterized that way.

>It may
>be a popular figurative expression but so is "motherfucker".

Is that why you keep bringing up the latter on this list?

>I agree
>with and respect the people you name and it seems you just want to
>characterize them insultingly because you're frustrated at Pitino.

I am now very frustrated with your harassing me over this non-issue.

>Seriously, what was the point of it, when your intention was to say,
>"they tend to believe Pitino's explanations for the failure of his
>team and dismiss evidence pointing to his contribution to the fiasco."

I just wanted to procrastinate today and, instead of doing work, spend the day fending off a barrage of angry e-mails from you.

>Surely you realize that the latter statement is much less inflammatory
>than the first.

You made sure of that.

>On my own statement about the "0-35" Pitino - I think that after
>just about every game loss you can find at least one post pinning
>the loss on Pitino's coaching.

And are they all coming from the same person(s)?

>And in any case it's not nearly as
>insulting as what you said. And according to you, I could just
>be talking about some abstract guy anyone who I've stripped all
>common sense from.

You DID strip all the comments of real Pitino detractors that did not blame Pitino for a particular loss in creating an abstract "Pitino basher". I don't believe there's anybody on this list who blames Pitino for every Celtics loss.