Re: Lady and the Tramp

I believe that it is an insulting characterization to say "if [blank]
spit on you and told you it was raining, you'd believe him." It may
be a popular figurative expression but so is "motherfucker". I agree
with and respect the people you name and it seems you just want to
characterize them insultingly because you're frustrated at Pitino.
Seriously, what was the point of it, when your intention was to say,
"they tend to believe Pitino's explanations for the failure of his
team and dismiss evidence pointing to his contribution to the fiasco."
Surely you realize that the latter statement is much less inflammatory
than the first.

On my own statement about the "0-35" Pitino - I think that after
just about every game loss you can find at least one post pinning
the loss on Pitino's coaching. And in any case it's not nearly as
insulting as what you said. And according to you, I could just
be talking about some abstract guy anyone who I've stripped all
common sense from.

Alex