Re: CELTIC FANS

Personally, I'm a little frustrated (a lot) too.  But, I just hate it when
fans boo their own team and players.  Okay, I have done this once (if
anybody cares, it was Mo after one of his "it  sure would be nice to play
here next year" missives to a Toronto or NYA reporter).
	I think the hardest thing is to rebuild while trying to not look like a
total loser.  Chicago and Orlando get all the breaks because everyone knows
they are tanking for a couple of seasons for the greater good.  We won't
accept that.  So you do a lousy job of rebuilding because you want to give
the appearances of being competitive, even though you can't do both things
at the same time.  The only person I can think of who could pull that off
is Duquette and he barely survived. But *if* are patient with this team and
let them mature they will do well.  It's not the coaching, I believe, it's
time and it's patience and it's not doing panicky things because you need
to make the playoffs in such and such a year.  I really think the road is
being paved and if we back off, we will see the results.  Somebody here
told us about their preoccupation with the stock market.  Suppose you were
interested in a biotech ?  You bought it on the promise of miracle
cures.  It languished forever at around a dollar a share and every
quarterly report talked about only having enough capital to last another 3
months.  You held on through the phase 1-3 years  and hoped that you
wouldn't wake up to the bankruptcy notice.  Then one day you do wake up and
you see that your Immunex is selling for $800 a share.
	I don't understand. Why an infatuation with people like Wesley, DeClerq,
Fox?  They were mediocre players on lousy teams.  They were the reason we
didn't win so why was letting them go more than a minor blip on the radar?

Bill