The bottom line

I have mixed feelings on this pick. I am disappointed that we didn't get the
Antonio Davis power forward type that we thought this team needed to play
with VP. With Pitino's insistance on playing Walker at the power forward, it
may not have mattered anyways.

Supposedly, Moiso can block shots, rebound and play defense if you keep his
attention. We will have to see about that. However, he will be able to add
something to the Celts right away. Moiso has a nice little lefty hook that is
almost unstoppable at his size. NBA opponents will bang him and push him out.
However, if he gets the spot, he can score inside. This will help us
immediately. I am trying to think of a former player he reminds me of. He
reminds me a little of a 70's type player, athletic tall guys before the
weight room became popular. He also reminds me of a young Chris Gatling, and
not just because he is also a lefty.

Folks, I think we got a nice young player who will be able to contribute
right away. However, I don't think he solves our immediate problems --
shotblocking, rebounding and interior defense --- at least, not for a few
years. However, as I said before, if you play Walker at power forward as
Pitino insists on doing, you almost need Godzilla at center to make up for
his lack of defense, shotblocking and rebounding.

So I ask you, where does this guy play? Is Battie going to be VP's backup and
Moiso going to be Walker's backup? Or is Moiso going to be the third center
in the third headed hacking monster we employed last year? So the bottom line
is that Moiso just replaces Fortson and we are no better off than last year,
unless Pitino can change his paradigm of playing Walker at the power forward
spot...

DJessen33