RE: and one more thing

I may be in the minority, but I believe scouting has probably improved
overall and if Tsak was the real deal he'd be a top five pick - i.e. teams
would definitely confirm his contract situation, his commitment to play
long-term in the NBA (i.e. Dino) and that his upside is as good as described
by "some teams".  If he were that good - every team in front of us would
pick him because quality athletic 7 footers are hard to get.  He might be
good but at this point there is too much uncertainty and then you have to
wonder if he is another "soft" euro.

I think people forget that the #11 could in fact bring an all-pro to the
Celtics.  There is depth in this draft and I would not be surprised to look
back at this draft three years from now and see that the #11 has had a
better career than Pfizer, Mihm or Joe P.  Most of the lottery picks are on
potential but at least you kind of know what you are getting.  I am not
convinced that Tsak is a diamond in the rough and I believe we will probably
get a decent big man with one of our first round picks next year either via
draft or trade.

I say go with the most athletic person available at #11.  The Celtics aren't
a very athletic bunch and probably can use some athleticism.  My choice
would be Miles but he'll be long gone.  I would still go with Crawford or
perhaps Stevenson.  I don't like Joe P. at any price - the same adjectives
describing Joe P. is almost what they said about Big Country.  Joe P. will
not get any more athletic.  He had a great game against an unathletic
Hoosier front court and people use that last game as an indicator?  He will
get schooled often by the NBA centers and power forwards and he is dirt
slow.  Mihm looks like Darrell Green compared to Joe P.  Big fan of the Big
ten and know that the front courts of the Big Ten last year wasn't great so
Joe P. stats were exaggerated for his brief season.  You can't teach height
and that's why he is a lotto pick but he'll just fall in line behind the
several other seven footers that will give you five fouls against shaq.