May Bashes Warrior Trade...

And do not worry about the 11th pick going for Harrington, as one of
the Vancouver papers noted a week ago,  the C's had rejected a trade for
him....

CELTICS NOTEBOOK
Picking at the offers

By Peter May and Shira Springer, Globe Staff, 6/27/2000

During an afternoon teleconference yesterday, the possibility of a
predraft deal was raised to Celtics general manager Chris Wallace.

''We are exploring what is available out there in the league for this
pick, there's no question about that,'' said Wallace, who holds the 11th
selection in tomorrow's draft. ''We will be canvassing all the teams
between now and Wednesday, looking at all the possibilities.''

The Celtics reportedly have offered the pick to Vancouver for
6-foot-9-inch forward Othella Harrington. Since the Celtics would have
to contribute a salary to match in the deal, Calbert Cheaney likely
would depart Boston.

Harrington, who is unhappy as a Grizzly, would become expendable if
Vancouver selected Stromile Swift with the No. 2 pick. But the Grizzlies
are likely to get better offers.

Reached later at his HealthPoint office, Wallace said, ''We have not
done anything as far as consummating a deal. We're sitting here at 7
o'clock with the 11th pick and a full roster.''

According to another rumor, which must have come straight out of
Haight-Ashbury, the Celtics would send Danny Fortson and the 11th pick
to Golden State for Adonal Foyle, Vonteego Cummings , and Donyell
Marshall. That could not be done, however, not only because of salary
cap reasons, but because two of the principals (Fortson and Foyle) are
free agents.