Trade Proposal from AOL board

<< Subject: trade proposal
Date: 6/22/00 12:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: <A HREF="aol://3548:TomClash">TomClash</A>

Camby and the no. 22 pick to the Celtics for Fortson and the no. 11 pick.

Camby is on the block in New York. The Knicks want Mateen Cleaves but have to
move up to get him.  They also need a rebounding half court 4, which is
Fortson.

The Celtics need a player who can block shots, runs the floor very well and
has a perimeter game.  That's Camby. With the 22d pick the Celtics could fill
the backup pg or sg needs.  A frontline of Twan, Potapenko and Camby.  What
do you think? >>

I might consider this trade if Courtney Alexander and DerMarr Johnson aren't
available at 11.  Camby performed well in the beginning of the season filling
in for Ewing and a combo of him and Vitaly could cancel out each other's
weaknesses.  We could still get players like Desmond Mason (I compare him to
Finley) or Quentin Richardson.

-= thndr =-