Re: I Think This Guy May Have Nailed The First 11 Picks

    Mark, if the Celtics moved up to number three, I'm convinced Wallace would
only do so to grab Darius Miles (not Pryz or anyone else). You are talking about
a 6-8 blinding first step wing slasher who regularly handles the ball in a guard
role, shot 66.7% from the field last year, and averaged an unheard of 7.4 blocks
per game on defense (12.1 boards). More about his defense later.

The thing about FoxSports is that--unlike CBS's Rodecker-- those guys routinely
dis virtually every player in the draft as overrated or flawed, whether it be
Miller, Fizer, felllow prepster Stephenson or you name it. But, by contrast,
here is what FoxSports say about Darius Miles' defense: "if anyone deserves the
runaway comparisons with Scottie Pippen in this category, it’s Miles. He seems
to truly dig locking down on his opponent, using quickness and the reach of a
freeloading dinner guest to defend the hoop. A maniac in passing lanes."

Yo think that's not going to help the Boston Celtics down the road?? In terms of
excitement and explosiveness, he sure sounds almost like a Kobe. As Wallace said
in his interview, Miles is a "time bomb waiting to explode."

The problem is that getting him is as big a gamble (trading at least Potapenko
and #11)  as the one Jerry West took (trading Vlade even before Shaq had signed)
in order to go get Kobe Bryant.