Re: I Think This Guy May Have Nailed The First 11 Picks

In a message dated 6/22/00 11:52:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
berrym@BATTELLE.ORG writes:

<< Ray mentioned that Orlando may take Stevenson at 10 because they
 fear the Celtics may take him at 11. This is a great point. Maybe the Celts
 schedule the kid for another workout, making it seem like they're
 interested, when in fact they're only trying to goad the Magic into taking
 him at 10 so "Player X" (Alexander, Johnson) slips to them. It's all part of
 the game. >>

Excellent idea that just might be what the C's are doing.  They always play
mind games like this and I would much rather have Alexander or Johnson than
Stevenson, who will take a few years to make an impact.  I was checking out
Fox Sports' profile of him today and they view his as a huge project.

-= thdnr out =-