Miles/Harvey have most upside was Re: more Blazers-Lakers

On Wed, 31 May 2000, John Lyell wrote:

> Has anyone seen Oyedeji play ? I have a
> weird feeling he may be the guy if available. 6'11" 240 19 years old ?

I saw Oyedeji play on ESPN against a USA nike highschool allstar team.

He already looks stronger and more physical than Battie, and goes strong
after shotblocks, but shooting touch and offensive instincts are FAR worse
than Tony's.  Oyedeji looks clumsy/hesitant on offense and couldn't score
on high school kids.  Still, I wouldn't mind having a Ervin Johnson(Bucks)
playalike on the bench.  On the other hand, Moiso, Miller, and
DeMarr Johnson, seemed like tall jumpshooters who played soft, in college
games I saw them play(Not exactly what we need).  Johnson didn't show
Odom-like aggressiveness.

Better idea: Draft the guys who are physically dominant.
Darius Miles, and Donnell Harvey(prediction: he'll become a suprise
success story like Bonzi Wells), are young players with freakish physical
skills that even most NBA players don't have.  I honestly think they have
the talent to have been the first players picked in the draft, in the
future.

Harvey didn't have huge stats in college, but is intimidating on both
ends, rebounds and explodes like Brian Grant/Kenyon Martin, scores
inside and runs the break.  Only one year out of high school but
looks like a 26 year old man among boys.  I think he(not Mike Miller), is
the main reason why Florida beat Duke and was so special this year.