To Bird@pixi and Cecil.

"We
match up so well with the Lakers and the Spurs now,
except for the
Center
position, which Toine does not play.  Hmmmm."

- Cecil, July 27,2000

How much reasoning of Cecil's is really logical?  Are
you saying that Walker is so "good" he should play the
center position?  Cecil, are you daft?  He is only 6'9
isn't he?  He can barely shoot over Austin Croshere,
what makes you think he can score on Shaq.  I forgot,
you and the rest of the melonheads in this group keep
inventing new attributes for Walker.
Walker is like a fishing story for you guys.
Everytime you talk about him, he gets bigger and
better.  From this whole discussion, I have discovered
that Antoine has a plethora of low post moves, is
justified to throw up 900 bricks because he is the
primary scoring option, and is the ultimate team
player.  Next thing you know, you'll be telling me
that he can shoot grenades out of his ass and will
sprout wings from his back so that he can slam dunk
the ball more efficiently.  So I guess Antoine playing
center in Cecil's eyes is not too far fetched.

As for the rest of you Walker melonheads, I never said
the Celts could beat the Lakers or Spurs.  I said they
match up well except for the center position.  It was
Cecil that says that Walker is every bit as good as
Duncan so using his twisted logic I stated that Walker
can handle Duncan as well when they are matched up.
In reality the Celts only match up in the backcourt
and small forward spot since Walker and Vitaly are
defensive liabilities.  As for the Lakers and Spurs
owning the Celts, hey didn't they own just about every
other team in the league?  The Spurs and Lakers blew
out many teams last season that had far more talent
than the Celts did (Kings, Sonics, etc.)  Duh, people.

Oh and Bird@pixi, you are my "hero" for continuing the
animosity of this discussion.  Way to go schmoe for
using sarcasm to try and stop sarcasm.  Where did you
learn such clever techniques for diffusing a tense
discussion?  Only a PhD like a yourself would think
that you can stop ridicule by ridiculing some more.
You know, you insulted me so badly and embarrassed me
so much with that totally stupid and lame post, I will
not write anymore to this group.  Yeah, and you might
actually have seen Bird play without having to watch
the Classic Sports Channel.